Friday, September 23, 2011

Lots of updates

I'm writing this post from my phone because I keep forgetting to write an update when I'm at the pc.

A few things have changed since my last post:

I've put the platformer on hold for now because I couldn't motivate myself with the concept I had planned.

Now I'm working on a tower defense style game with some elements like levelling and permanent upgradesto keep it rewarding.

The 2D camera class has been improved and simplified and I'm using it for this new game.
It centers around anything I want and it moves when you move your cursor to an edge of the screen (not sure if I'll need that for this game though).

For now I have a simple, functional tile system that will do for now.
It's mainly a manager class that holds the size of the map and the tile width and height but it works great.

I've made some sketches and wrote down game ideas while I was at work and it really helped a lot for speeding up the development.
I advise every (game) programmer to do the same, a pen and some paper is still the best way to make concepts.

Anyway, I'll try to add a screenshot of my progress next time when I have access to my pc.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment